Subscriber data consumption behavior is constantly changing and evolving as new applications and services become available. As these often data intensive applications gain popularity and include accessibility from mobile devices connected to your home Wi-Fi network, data consumption levels will undoubtedly increase and fluctuate.
It has become increasingly more challenging for ISPs to understand and predict evolving bandwidth consumption patterns over its entire population of households served. On top of that, ISPs must ensure they are meeting speed commitments and offering new plans to match the ever-changing consumption behavior.
Modeling results help ISPs and enterprises make decisions based on hard data rather than educated guesses. ATS’ subscriber data consumption modeling helps ISPs answer questions such as:
- Am I collecting all of the usage that was actually generated by my customers?
- Was there an outage or spike of data that may indicate fraudulent activity?
- What areas of my network are stressed today? What areas will be stressed in 6, 12, or 18 months?
- Which customers are going to hit the SLA usage cap in the next 3, 6, 9 months?
- Which customers should I target with an up-selling campaign for our new plans?
- Are there customers I should actually recommend downgrade their service in order to increase customer satisfaction and reduce churn?